Monday, November 2, 2009

Take the Time to Throw a Few Leaves...






Even on a Monday!



(Or, maybe, especially on a Monday!) Sometimes, it's a little stressful to be a teacher and also have a photography business and be a mom. Lately it feels more than a little stressful. However, I just had a feeling about this session today. I looked forward to it all day and the weather was just absolutely perfect. As it turned out, this afternoon with Braylon and his sweet parents and Gram was exactly the stress-reliever I needed. Braylon ran around and just took such joy in his surroundings, whether it was throwing leaves in the creek or climbing on the hay or running around in the field. I have so many shots from this session where he is about an inch away from my lens, wanting to show me something or take me somewhere. I was reminded again this afternoon that the joy in life comes in looking. There is nothing like the perspective of a four year old to remind this thirty-one year old (for 3 more weeks, at least) that, sometimes, you just have to stop and throw a few leaves!


Thanks a lot, Carolyn. I enjoyed meeting you guys and I hope you love your shots. Thanks again to the Everharts for the referral!!!

0 comments: