Tuesday, November 4, 2008

All Gave Some...

**Update: I have filled the offer for the free session for an active military personnel member. I am excited to be doing a session for a guy I grew up with who is about to be deployed to Iraq. He has already done one or two tours and we will certainly be praying for his safety as he returns overseas in the New Year. Pictures to come!



In honor of Election Day today and Veteran's Day next week, I would like to make a special offer. I want to do a free session for an active military personnel member. This can be a current member of any branch of our armed forces or reserve unit. This time of year always brings me to reflection regarding our service members and the sacrifices they make. The fact that this has been an election year has only intensified my feelings of pride in our country and the true blessing it is to live in a free country where we have the right to vote and take part in our government. Tomorrow I will start my Holocaust unit with my sophomore classes. The atrocities that occurred in Nazi Germany should cause each and every one of us to thank God that we live in the land of the free and the home of the brave. My students will write thank you letters to veteran's next week and we will hear from a veteran who liberated a concentration camp the week after that. This free session is sort of my own thank you to those who defend my rights at a moment's notice. The first member of our military to call or email me will receive the free session. Call 284-3755 or email athenadavisphotography@yahoo.com. All of you out there who check this blog (even though NONE of you leave comments!) :), if you know of any military personnel, have them take advantage of my offer! I will let it stand until I schedule a session. Thank a veteran next week and, if you haven't yet, GET OUT AND VOTE TODAY!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome way to pay tribute to people who have given so much for all of us. Thanks for remebering and doing something to remind us all of this incredible group of people!

Anonymous said...

These are awesome Courtney! Mel