Thursday, December 24, 2009

Here's to the Birthday Boy Who Saved Our Lives


"We get so caught up in all of it
Business and relationships
Hundred mile an hour lives
And it's this time of year
And everybody's here
It seems the last thing on your mind

Is that the day holds something special
Something holy, not superficial
So here's to the Birthday Boy who saved our lives
Christmas must be something more."
~Taylor Swift

On this evening before the world actually stops to recognize a little baby, born in a manger, worshipped by shepherds and guarded by oxen, heralded by angels and cared for by teenagers, I want to say how awed I am that He cares for me, in my crazy life, too busy sometimes to thank Him and often too preoccupied to even see His hands. Lord and Savior, King of the World, Light of the Darkness, Giver of Good Things, Prince of Peace-- I love and honor you on this evening of calm in the midst of craziness. Thank you for all You have done for me. Thank you for who you are. And I will remember Whose I am.

Merry Christmas to You and Yours, from Davis Photography

0 comments: