Sunday, August 8, 2010

Plenty 'o Parkers!





When my cousin called and asked if I would photograph her giant family crew, I was excited because I knew it would involve lots of laughter and fun. Why? Because when any Parkers get together, that is the result. This is my dad's maternal side of his family and I don't know if any family contains more gentle, jovial, good-hearted people than this clan. Greta rounded them all up and somehow got them to commit to giving up part of the Friday night before school started, in some pretty hot weather. I am not sure how she did it (since I can't even get my own extended family to commit to that), but we had a good time and got some shots that we will be priceless in the future. Memories fade, generations pass, but pictures will be there to bring it all back. Greta, congratulations on understanding the importance of the present for the future.

0 comments: