Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas at the Davis House...






...and That Means Pictures!!!

After doing three sessions of other people's children and families, I finally settled my own down long enough to do a Christmas session of the girls. Our family session will have to wait until I have a little more time. Emma and Kelsey were hilarious, as always, seating and posing themselves, telling me what needed to be adjusted thus so. I am kind of excited about their knowledge of photography... perhaps one day I will have someone to take some pictures with ME in them! :) Anyway, although it might be a little overdone, my favorite really is the first one. I just think it captures the real meaning of Christmas, which is, after all, the greatest gift of Jesus.

(I also have to tell this funny story. As they were looking at the book (see below), Emma told Kelsey that the picture they were looking at was after Mary and Joseph got married, before they were pregnant with Jesus. I kind of found myself in a dilemma over whether or not 5 and 3 is the time to introduce the concept of the Virgin Birth or if that might get me in over my head. I ended up deciding that God won't mind if I wait a year or two to throw that piece in there!)
I HIGHLY recommend the book-- it's called Father and Son, The Nativity Story-- and it's from Joseph's perspective. As an English teacher, I appreciate beautiful writing and it is truly beautiful and such an interesting perspective.

0 comments: