Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sixteen Candles... and some Purple Lanterns... and Mosquito Repellant







So, sometimes I do birthday parties. I especially like to do them when the guest of honor is either very young or someone I know very well, when it is a momentous birthday, and when it is outside. Therefore, I was excited when Marlyss asked me about taking pics at Brittany's 16th birthday, which also happened to be outside. Marlyss has been a friend of mine for several years (I think I even baby-sat for her once, many, many, many moons ago...), they go to my church, I did her son's senior pictures, and Brittany was in my class this past year. Sometimes it can be awkward having church kids in your class. It's true. However, awkward at times or not (falling out of the desk), I LOVED getting to know Brittany better and LOVED her whole 2nd period class, many of whom were also at the party. Win-win, I say. So Brittany, Happy Sweet Sixteen and I hope that you will always know the joy of life and friendships that you do right now! I also hope you realize what you have in that sweet mama of yours and that you will always strive, as you do right now, to make her proud. :) Love you!!!

0 comments: