Saturday, June 18, 2011

To The Least of These...

Week before last, I got to spend a week doing the work of my heart-- Royal Family Kids' Camp. It was an amazing week, and I wish everyone could see what we see that week-- the faces of the children, singing their hearts out; the sheer joy as they conquer a fear; and the trust in their eyes as they bond with the adult staff at camp. This ministry is a powerful example of us being His hands and feet, His heart in the world. It's not always easy; the hands and feet get tired and sometimes, when you're His heart, you get broken. However, it's worth every moment to give them a week of positive memories.

Two disclaimers: This event took place the first week of June. My blogging is a bit behind.
Also, if you look at this post and think to yourself, "She did not even get the kids' FACES in the pictures!" then I did my job. :) The kids get photo albums to take home of pictures of only themselves. Due to privacy restrictions and confidentiality (since they are in state custody), we cannot show their faces. I tried to pick of few of my (anonymous) favorites for this posting.















0 comments: